By Randee Lipson Lawrence
Explore the a number of methods adults study via their our bodies. Embodied or somatic studying is a manner of studying that depends on the body’s wisdom. Our most simple kind of studying in early life is preverbal; despite the fact that, conventional education forces us to envision bodies on the door, requiring us to take a seat at a table and lift our arms, focusing totally on cognition to the exclusion of alternative methods of realizing. by the point we succeed in maturity, “being in bodies” is a overseas proposal and a resource of pain for plenty of of us.
This quantity demanding situations the dominant paradigm of ways wisdom is developed and shared. Embodied studying is tested via various perform contexts, together with greater schooling, neighborhood schooling, overall healthiness care, and the office, and during a number of equipment, together with dance, theater, and outside experiential education.
This is 134th quantity of the Jossey-Bass quarterly file sequence New instructions for grownup and carrying on with Education. famous for its intensity of coverage, it explores problems with universal curiosity to teachers, directors, counselors, and policymakers in a large diversity of grownup and carrying on with schooling settings, corresponding to schools and universities, extension courses, companies, libraries, and museums.
Read or Download Bodies of Knowledge: Embodied Learning in Adult Education: New Directions for Adult and Continuing Education, Number 134 (J-B ACE Single Issue Adult & Continuing Education) PDF
Similar adult & continuing education books
This multidisciplinary quantity bargains insights on oral and written language improvement and the way it happens in literate societies. the amount covers issues from early to overdue language improvement, its interplay with literacy practices, together with numerous languages, monolingual and multilingual contexts, varied scripts, in addition to commonplace and odd improvement.
There's significant physique of study approximately adults navigating complicated levels, yet little concerning adults in graduate measure courses whereas in full-time operating careers. Guided through Mezirow’s transformative studying thought, the aim of this research was once to enhance a grounded conception (GT) that mirrored the lived studies of fulltime lecturers as they advanced via complicated levels whereas at the same time retaining operating careers.
Holy Spirit has 25 Haiku poems.
Concept is a Haiku Poem ebook. It haa 25 Haiku poems.
- Make That Grade Organisational Behaviour (Make That Grade series)
- SIXTY-FIVE Philosophical Classroom Discussion Topics: ...for teachers, parents and geniuses.
- Bildungszentrum St. Bernhard: 40 Jahre Erwachsenenbildung zwischen kirchlichem Anspruch und gesellschaftlicher Entwicklung. Eine Programm-Analyse (German Edition)
- Nachhaltige Weiterbildung. Betriebliche Seminare und Trainings entwickeln, Erfolge messen, Transfer sichern (German Edition)
- Ausbildung in Pflegeberufen: Entwicklung eines Weiterbildungscurriculum für Praxisanleiterinnen in Nordrhein-Westfalen (German Edition)
Extra resources for Bodies of Knowledge: Embodied Learning in Adult Education: New Directions for Adult and Continuing Education, Number 134 (J-B ACE Single Issue Adult & Continuing Education)
Bodies of Knowledge: Embodied Learning in Adult Education: New Directions for Adult and Continuing Education, Number 134 (J-B ACE Single Issue Adult & Continuing Education) by Randee Lipson Lawrence
- Download PDF by Patricia Cranton: Understanding and Promoting Transformative Learning: A Guide
- Download e-book for kindle: Assessment of the Nuclear Programs of Iran and North Korea by Jungmin Kang